No surprises down the road – how to prepare files for print?
What is “Print Ready”?
Print Ready means that the file you’re sending us is ready to go to our printer, and requires no changes. A print ready file must have:
- Final file with no additional designing needed
- 0.125” bleed on every edge
- 0.125” space between edge of paper and information
- 300 dpi Resolution
- Actual size (format 1:1)
Additionally, a good file should also have:
- CMYK Colour Mode
- Vector format
- Fonts converted to curves (only required for certain applications)
What file format do I need?
The best format you can give us is a PDF. Almost any program you use for designing should give you an option to “Save As” or “Export as” a PDF.
When you export, make sure to select the option with bleed. Whenever you can, send us a vector file instead of an image.
We also accept the following formats: EPS, AI, JPEG, TIFF, PSD
What is ‘Bleed’?
Bleed is the extra area added to the edge, outside the trim size. This is required if your design extends to the edge of the page.
When our bindery department trims the job, the bleed ensures that the image or background of your design goes right to the edge of the page. However, if it doesn’t, your document ends up with a white border. The chart below illustrates how your file should be set up:
Useful templates for download
This content is under construction. Please check back for more!
- Business Cards: PDF | AI | PSD
- Trifold Flyer, 11×8.5 in: PDF | AI | PSD
- Flyer 8.5×11: PDF | AI | PSD
- Door Hanger 4×11: PDF | AI | PSD
- Door Hanger with perforated business card: PDF | AI | PSD
- Presentation Folder, 9×12 with 4 inch pockets: PDF | AI | PSD
- Postcard, 6×4 in: PDF | AI | PSD
- Postcard, 5×7 in: PDF | AI | PSD
- Postcard, 9×6 in: PDF | AI | PSD